Come to the Writers Cafe and get instant feedback about your work. All levels are represented from new writers to seasoned professionals.If you would like a Read and Critique, bring about 500-700 words to read to the group and get instant feedback about your work. Any genre, fiction or non-fiction, poetry, screenplays or memoirs are all welcome.
500-750 words is 2+ pages TNR 12 point font, double spaced, 1" margins all around.
NOTE NEW READING LIMIT ==> We will be limited to 20 readers. You can still join the meeting, but only the first 20 to register will be able to read their work. There will be a waitlist, so have something available to read in case someone doesn't show up.
Readers will be randomly assigned to one of 2 "Reading Rooms" with a host to keep things going.
Readings will be 11 minutes (more or less).
700-750 words takes about 5-6 minutes to read. The longer you read, the less time there is for critique. So be wise how you use your 11 (more or less) minutes.
Total registration will be limited to 25, because more than that would be impossible to manage.
We will be using Zoom, and you will get an invitation via email when you register, and again the day of the Cafe.
- Zoom is pretty easy to use, though it does have a lot of features. (No, we don't care if you wear an old sweatshirt!)
- There are many Zoom tutorials on YouTube, so you should be able to find one that works for you.
- At the Cafe you will be expected to handle your own session.
- Be sure to enable your video, anyone joining without video will be kicked off.
- Meeting will start at 6:50. Be prompt!
- For security reasons meeting will be LOCKED at 7:10!